Saturday morning; after a whole week of normal simple breakfasts of yogurt, fruit and nuts, I look forward to something special in the weekends. I have more time to make it and of course to eat it. I looked in the refrigerator and all that was left were some fresh strawberries. But no worries, in the freezer I keep the basis for the rest of the bowl.
What do you need for one Strawberry Coconut bowl?
- 15 minutes of your time
- Frozen raspberries: a hand full of frozen raspberries, 10 -12 pieces
- Frozen banana: 1 big frozen banana
- Coconut Yogurt: I run out of the almond milk, so used 3 tablespoons of this Coconut Yogurt, this yogurt has a 22gr protein base, so no need to add your extra proteins.
- Strawberries: ± 7 pieces fresh ones
- Strawberries: 3 pieces cut into slices
- Mixed nuts: crush a handful of nuts
- Chia seeds: teaspoon
- Optional: coconut flakes
How to make it?
Start cutting the strawberries and crush the nuts otherwise the ice will melt before you can decorate it!!
Then add all the ingredients in the blender, starting with the soft strawberries, coconut yogurt first. Than on top the frozen banana and raspberries, turn on the blender on the ice setting. Use a spatula to push the ingredients down now and then. Make sure all the ingredients are crushed and you are left over with one soft icy substance.
Place the ice in for example a coconut bowl or other nice bowl and decorate with the toppings you just prepared.
Enjoy your Strawberry Coconut Bowl!