Here in the Netherlands we don’t have the original tropical and exotic fruits at hand. We can get them in the special stores but most of the time they are expensive if you already can find and get them. One of my favorite fruits is the passion fruits or Maracuja. Passion fruits are available here, in the small and dark round version. In South America the passions fruit looks so different, big and yellow/greenish compared to here. I found frozen passion fruit blocks in my supermarkets which is very easy to use for my icy fruit bowls!!
What do you need for one Tropical Passion Fruit Bowl?
- 15 minutes of your time
- Passion fruit: 2-3 fresh small ones or 5 frozen cubes
- Frozen banana: 1 big frozen banana
- Frozen grapes: ±7 pieces
- Vanilla protein powder: 1 teaspoon for additional protein
- Almond milk: ±100 ml, or any other milk, the less you use the thicker the substance remains
- Strawberries: 3 pieces cut into slices
- Mixed nuts: crush a handful of nuts
- Chia seeds: 2 teaspoons
- Coconut flakes: some to decorate the bowl
How to make it?
Start crushing the nuts and cut the strawberries in slices otherwise the ice will melt before you can decorate it!!
I started to put the vanilla power in the blender on top that all the frozen parts and then add half of the milk in the blender and crushed them soft. This doesn’t happen at once; you have to turn off and stir to get everything blended. Add more milk if needed, but the better with less. Use a spatula to push the ingredients down now and then. Make sure all the ingredients are crushed and you are left over with one creamy exotic substance.
Place the ice in for example a coconut bowl or other nice bowl and decorate with the toppings you just prepared.
And do you like this Tropical Passion Fruit Bowl? Tell me!