Chia seeds are a power food and rich of omega 3 fat acids and proteins. You can use them in smoothie bowls and drinks. If you combine them in liquid they swell and become a sort of gel texture. That is how you can make the pudding. You can vary a lot with this pudding and it is a good basis for tasty creatures in the kitchen!
What do you need for two glasses of Chia Strawberry Pudding?
- 10 minutes of your time, but prepare the pudding the night before because the pudding needs to stiffen in the fridge for a night (or 5 hours)
- Glasses: 2 decorative ones
- Chia seeds: 3 tablespoons
- Bananas: 1 ripe one
- Almond milk: 250 ml
- Protein vanilla powder or normal vanilla powder: 1 teaspoon
- Optional cinnamon: pinch or half a teaspoon
- Granola preferably homemade (see recipe here)
- Box of strawberries
How to make it?
Put the banana, almond milk, cinnamon and protein vanilla protein powder in a blender and blend until a creamy and thick mixture arises. Put the mixture in a large enough jar and add the chia seeds. Stir all the seed and make sure that you distribute the seeds evenly through the mixture. Put the jar in the fridge and chill it overnight.
Wake up!! Start building the pudding with layers of strawberries, with a fork you can smash them like a jam, and then a layer of chia pudding and top of with the home made granola.
Tip: normally I take this recipe twice, so I have enough for a couple of days, you can keep the pudding in the fridge for 3 days.
Enjoy the healthy and delicious Chia strawberry pudding!!!