I made this ginger-carrot cake a lot of times already, it is so easy to prepare. I brought it to work a couple of times and my colleagues were very enthusiastic, so hope you are too!!!! You can wonder yourself why cakes and pies in stores contain so much sugar, wheat and other additives. This cake is made without wheat and is sugar free!! How? Because I use fresh carrots and natural sweeteners so a perfect treat for a healthy snack or breakfast!!! Check this Ginger Carrot Cake food blog and others for more information and inspirations!
Ginger-Carrot Cake: What ingredients do you need for one loaf ?
- 30 minutes preparation time
- 50 minutes bake time
- Loaf pan (20-25 by 10-13 cm)
- Banana: 2 ripe ones pureed with a fork
- Biological carrots: 100 gr grated
- Medjool dates: 6 remove the pits and cut in slices
- Pumpkin seeds: 45 grams
- Eggs: 2 preferably biological ones
- Almond flour: 100 grams
- Coconut grater: 2 tablespoons
- Coconut oil: 4 tablespoons melted
- Coconut oil: for greasing the loaf
- Vanilla extract: 1 teaspoon, unsweetened
- Tartaric acid baking powder (Dutch: wijnsteenzuurbakpoeder): 2 teaspoons
- Cinnamon: 1 teaspoon
- Ginger powder: ½ teaspoon (if you don’t like ginger you can leave it out as well)
Ginger-Carrot Cake: How to make?
Put everything in the loaf pan. Spread the coconut grinder on top of this (this will toast in the oven) and put the loaf in the oven for 45-50 minutes. Check afterwards with a wooden stick if the dough is dry inside.
Be patient, I know its difficult…., and let the cake cool off before you start cutting it into parts!
Tip: What I usually do is put half of the cake in separate slices into the freezer. This way I always have a backup. Take it out of the freezer in the morning, go to work and around 10:30AM when I’m starting to get hungry, my cake is defrosted!! Piece of Cake….;-)
Enjoy your slice of Ginger-Carrot Cake!