Now and then I make Chia Pudding. You can make it in different ways, this is a combination of two other breakfast recipes: Chia Pudding made with bananas and Overnight Oatmeal. But I don’t always have bananas at hand. I made this chia pudding version with chia, oatmeal and plant based milk. Very easy and I normally have these ingredients in my kitchen. This chia pudding is a good breakfast alternative for my daily Skyr with fruit and the oatmeal make me fill up the whole morning! This is recice is vegan friendly.
What do you need for two to three portions of Chia Oatmeal Pudding?
- 10 minutes of your time, but prepare the pudding the night before because the pudding needs to stiffen in the refrigerator for a night (or 5 hours)
- Jar (of one liter)
- Glasses or bowls: 3 decorative ones
- Chia seeds: 6 tablespoons
- Oatmeal: 4 topped tablespoons
- Almond milk (or any other I used the Coconut version): 600 ml
- Coconut flakes: 2 tablespoons
- Red fruits: Strawberries, Raspberries and Blueberries
- Mixed Nuts: handful per portion
- Optional: honey or agave syrup if you want it sweeter.
How to make it?
Put the milk, chia seeds, oatmeal and coconut flakes in the jar. Stir well so everything is spread even in the jar. Cover the jar and set it in the refrigerator and chill it overnight. Good to stir during the stay in the refrigerator.
Next morning; take the glasses and start putting some slices of strawberries on the side of the glass. Press them a bit so they will stuck to the glass. Then fill half of the glasses with some off the chia pudding, lay some off the blueberries and add more chia pudding. Repeat if you like. Then add the remainder of the chia pudding in the glass and top off with the crushed nuts, bigger coconut flakes and raspberries. Just play with the ingredients to make it a real party!
Tip: I make this recipe at ones and eat this three mornings in a row; love easy!!
Enjoy this healthy and delicious filling Chia Oatmeal pudding!!!