Sunday morning; time to try something new! Craving for chocolate, it’s that period of the month… But I want to keep it healthy instead of eating a whole Tony Chocolonely bar hahah. I had an avocado left and always fruits in the fridge so I can do something with that. Chocolate and avocado are a great combination and both healthy if you don’t add extra sugars. See below the recipe of this simple but delicious Chocolate Avocado Bowl that stilled my craving for the day!!!!
What do you need for one filling Chocolate Avocado Bowl?
- 15 minutes of your time
- Avocado: 1 medium to small size
- Frozen banana: 1,5
- Chocolate powder: 1 tablespoon
- Vanilla protein powder: 1 tablespoon for additional protein
- Almond milk: ±100 ml, or any other milk, the less you use the thicker the substance remains
- Optional Coconut flaks: 1 tablespoon
- Coconut flakes: 1 tablespoon; perfect to create a tropical combination with the chocolate!
- Strawberries or other fruits you have available: cut in slices
Tip: You can use not frozen bananas too, you create a more mouse instead of ice bowl this way.
How to make it?
Start cutting the strawberries otherwise the ice will melt before you can decorate it!!
I started to put the frozen banana and the milk in the blender and already crushed them soft. This doesn’t happen at once; you have to turn off and stir to get everything blended. Then add the avocado and powder ingredients in the blender. Mix first by hand so the powder parts don’t move around too much. Add more milk if needed, but the better with less. Use a spatula to push the ingredients down now and then. Make sure all the ingredients are crushed and you are left over with one creamy substance.
Place the substance in, for example a coconut bowl or other nice bowl and decorate with the toppings you just prepared.
And do you like the Chocolate Avocado Bowl? Tell me!