Watermelon tastes so good on warm sunny days! Most of the time after my run on Sunday I make myself an ice bowl. This time with the watermelon that I cut into small pieces the day before putting it into in the freezer in big portions. I left some fresh watermelon to decorate and the rest I used for a juice. Watermelon is great value for money!!
What do you need for one Sunny Watermelon bowl?
- 15 minutes of your time
- Frozen watermelon: 1 big pack of frozen watermelon (quantity like 2 frozen bananas)
- Frozen banana: 1 frozen banana
- Milk: 1 small cup, you can choose any milk you like, coconut, almond, rice or normal. The less you use the thicker the ice will become.
- Coconut: 1 tablespoon of dried coconut grater
- Proteins: 1 tablespoon of vanilla protein powder
- Small parts of watermelon cut into triangles
- Strawberries, I had these but you can use any other fruit or use only the watermelon
- Mixed nuts (good for additional protein and good fats)
- Dried coconut grater
How to make it?
Start cutting and preparing your toppings otherwise the ice will melt before you can decorate it!!
Then add all the ingredients in the blender, starting with the soft and powder parts first. Otherwise all the powder will blow away by the pressure of the blades in the blender. Still you have to be on top of this process, I use a spatula (pannelikker in Dutch) to keep the ingredients down. Do this after turning off the blender!!!
If you see a smooth swirl in the blender the bowl is ready!! Place in for example a cocunut bowl or other nice bowl and decorate with the toppings you like.
Smile at your Summer Watermelon Bowl!